Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Question

It's been a while since I blogged. Today I felt compelled to write this.

One of the things that I love to do is ask questions. It doesn’t matter if I am standing in front of a thousand people giving a "talk" or sitting with someone in a coffee shop. I feel that questions can open us up to think and discover.


A good question will shake us up to make us think about how we are living.


Here is my question for you today…


Do you know what your purpose is? Do you know why you are on this planet? (I know that’s two questions)


I have been spending some time over the past year thinking about my purpose. I have asked why am I on this planet a number of times. The answer has been hard to find since I find myself drawn to all sorts of things. I believe I am discovering the answer to this question.


What I have learned is that when we find the answer it has the potential to change everything.


It will change…

how you view the people at your workplace

your relationships

your friendships

your conversations

your family


It even has the potential to change how you view everyday living.


I used to hate it when people would challenge me to think about my purpose. I used to think who cares just live and let the chips fall where they may. But the journey over the past year has helped me realize how important purpose is.


So I ask again…


What is your purpose? Why are you on this planet?


If you can enter the journey and find the answer to this question it has the potential to get about living life to the full.


I think this is what God would want from us.


Just sayin!

No comments:

Post a Comment